Wednesday, April 27, 2011

P30X

Well I waited a few months for the requisite exercise/get in shape post. I thought you might appreciate that :)

Around the end of last year and the beginning of this year we decided to get our butts in gear, work out and eat healthier. This was not a New Year's Resolution, though it was that time of year. I decided not to post about it, because I didn't want it to seem like the standard New Year kick that only lasts a couple weeks at most.

So here we are 4 months into the year, I can't believe it is May already! I have to say that so far so good!!!! We decided to go with eating along the premise of Body for Life. It allows us to eat regular food and is easy to follow. We've been going to the gym, initially using the weight machines, bike, treadmill and a few other cardio machines. Then James and my brother were talking about P90X, my brother decided that you can commit to anything for 30 days so they challenged each other to do "P30X". I decided to do the P30X with James since we usually workout together at least some of the time...besides I'll try just about anything!

Life got a little crazy and we all got delayed starting for a week or two, but then we jumped in. We stayed with the Body for Life eating and started P90X we made it through the first 30 and actually enjoyed it! We didn't always make it through the entire workout (especially the abs) both due to time and energy, but I think it went pretty well. Along with this James has been doing Couch to 5k which involves run/walk intervals. I've gone running a few times, not as much as I'd like (hopefully that will change) and playing hockey. After the 30 days we decided to continue, we chose to change to Doubles which has us doing cardio in the morning on lifting days. Some days it works out, others it is just too crazy but still good...we are down to a few weeks left and we are feeling good! Can I just say that I love lifting weights!!! Sorry, I'm a little odd but it really is fun! We started off using resistance bands, but quickly realized that it wasn't going to get the job done, so we've been using the free-weights at the gym and are enjoying it!

James has started swimming again; he's been getting up early almost every morning to go to the gym to swim before heading to work, I am very impressed and proud! I am looking forward to the summer hockey season starting as I will be playing two nights!!!!! We are also looking forward to Warrior Dash in August!



As a side note, we are going to need new kilts (or fairly major alterations) for this year; these are just way too big on us :)


We are feeling good and enjoying our time together whether we are just hanging out or working out! I am looking forward to a wonderful, active and productive summer!

No comments: